Tuesday, May 17

Window Pane Picture Frame

All the windows of my heart I open to the day.
John Greenleaf Whittier

A dear friend was kind enough to offer me an old window she had sitting around her house and of course I snatched it up!  I think my love affair with old windows is well confirmed.  This one had the perfect amount of chippiness (is that a word?  Spellcheck says no.)  Anyway, I saw the size of the panes and inspiration struck!

I had my photographer friend Michael print out 6 of my favorite photos.  After I got the photos from him, I added some glue dots (okay, like 20 per photo because they kept falling off*) to the backs and attached them to each pane.  Easy peasy!  When I get tired of the photos, it'll be a cinch to change them out.  This is my kind of project...total cost came in at just $6 for printing the photos and now I have a creative photo display to brighten up our dreary hallway!

*I'm happy to report that after adding additional glue dots, the photos are behaving themselves and staying put!

Check out more great projects here!

topsy turvy tuesdays

Ladybird Ln
Photobucket

4 comments:

Jen said...

What a cute idea. I love how it turned out.

Moquelish said...

Love the look of that, and if chipiness is not a word, it should be. Thanks for sharing the idea.

scsanders82 said...

I love this picture frame! I can already picture where it will go in my house. I found you via My Fav
Ladybird Ln.

Ladybird Ln said...

SO cute, I love old windows, this is a perfect way to display your favorite pictures!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

(PS. I paid the commenter above to write that, haha)