Wednesday, June 15

4th of July Decor

I don't usually decorate for Summer.  I'm more of an Autumn girl myself, but this year my window looked so naked after taking down my Easter wreath!  Here's the problem:  I don't have a lot of room to store decor for every holiday, nor do I have the patience for dealing with a lot of tchotchkes.  So, using supplies from my stash, I came up with a cute little decoration for the naked window that cost me nothing and will be easy to change out later!  Win-Win!

The little red and blue bunting was made using chipboard pieces and some scrapbook paper scraps.  I just hot glued the pennants to twine.  The old milkglass plate (normally in my kitchen) was gussied up with a few vinyl stars that I cut out with my Silhouette machine.

After I get tired of it, I'll just peel off the vinyl and recover the pennants for the next holiday or season.  Easy peasy summer decor!

Ladybird Ln


Photobucket

3 comments:

melissa@5foot12 creations said...

Love this! The window is very cool, the color of the wood is gorgeous and I love the bunting and the plate!!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

this window is so FAB!!! Love it. Great job
following you now

April@MySacredSojourn said...

Thank you La-Dee-Da! Welcome aboard!