Friday, January 24

Update & A Recipe

Sorry for my absence the last few weeks, Friends. Last Monday we got the news that my mother-in-law had passed away. It was completely unexpected and quite a shock. You never want to hear this, but the "bright spot" (if there is one) is that she passed peacefully in her sleep. If you think of it, please keep my husband, his brother and his stepfather in your prayers. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've been going through a pretty rough season so I don't have a lot to share with you right now, but last night I tried a new recipe that we really enjoyed. It's called Chicken, Mushroom, & Brown Rice Bake with Leeks and you can find the recipe HERE.  I served a green salad with it and it was the perfect gluten-free comfort food. If you don't know how to prepare leeks for cooking, watch this short YouTube video. The instructions you need for this recipe are in the first 1:25.

Buon appetito!

No comments: