Thursday, December 12

Snow Days

In a surprising turn of events, we've had snow this week! We usually don't get snow (if any) until January or February, so this was a wonderful surprise! Sweet Hubby had already planned to take the week off and it's been so nice to have all this extra family time. We've all been a little under the weather with sinus infections, but at least we've had time to take naps and laze around! :) I don't have much in the way of tutorials or recipes to share, just some pics of what we've been up to this week.

Waiting for Snow: Miss A (nearly 4 years old) was so excited she could hardly contain herself. Sweet Girl (age 22 months) had never seen snow. Now that she has, we're pretty sure she prefers summer. ;)

The Snow! So much of it and so lovely! It wasn't good for snowmen, but was perfect for sledding and of course, snuggling up in front of the fireplace with fresh baked cookies.

I fit in some time for crafting and made the girls some felt tea bags to go with the tin tea sets they're each receiving for Christmas. Shhhh! I was inspired by these felt tea bags, but added real tea leaves insideand a drop of essential oil to each bag (peppermint on the red, lavender on the blue). They smell wonderful and I think my little ladies will enjoy playing with them.

And last but not least, I finished up a special order for a friend. She found this {brass-like} baby cradle at a thrift store and asked if I could fix it up and make some bedding for it for her daughter for Christmas. I was happy to oblige and had so much fun creating this for such a special girl! It had a few rust spots, so before the weather turned cold (back in November) I spray painted it white. This was the first time I'd attempted to make a blanket, but I'm so pleased with how it turned out. Now, my girls want one too! I'm on the lookout for a similar baby bed for them.
 


That's our week in a nutshell. Hope you've found time for family snuggles and fun this week! :)

No comments: