-Real knobs from an old stove
-Silver bowl for sink and faucet from Habitat ReStore
The look on her face: PRICELESS!
And here's the cost breakdown:
FREE Stuff from my craft stash or family members:
- Knobs from my Mom's old stove
- Cabinet Pull (leftover from kitchen remodel)
- Wood for oven door (scrap from my brother's job)
- Vinyl for stovetop burners
- Silicon for attaching sink
- Nightstand/Bookshelf from yard sale: $2
- Hardware to make oven knobs work: $1
- Faucet from Habitat Restore: $5
- Metal bowl for sink from Habitat Restore: $1
- Fabric (used 1/8 yard) from Hobby Lobby: 50c
- Wooden plaques for burners from Hobby Lobby (half off sale): 50c each
- Piano hinge (12" hinge for the bottom door): $6
TOTAL O-O-P COST: $16.50
It's all money well spent because Miss A loves it!! She likes it so much that she played with this instead of watching Duchess (Aristocats)...and in this house, that's a big deal! : ) I'll be hitting yard sales and thrift stores for some kitchen items for her to play with...big spoons, small pots and pans, etc. So much fun! If you have questions about how it's put together, feel free to ask in the comments!
You know I have to link this up to my favorite parties...come join the fun!