Saturday, February 5

Ask and you shall receive!



Disclaimer:  The photos in this post have nothing to do with the content.  :)

How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.  Isn't that how the joke goes?  I've been praying today that Papa God would show me what One Little Change I should make.  What can I do Papa?  It's all so overwhelming...there's too much that needs to change, too much all at once.  What's the one thing I can change?  And just like that, there He is, whispering sweet nothings in my ear.  "Don't worry, Daughter.  Don't fret.  Rest in me.  Just rest."  It was then that I realized He's been telling me what little steps to take all week.  I was mistaken, believed it couldn't possibly be Him telling me these things.  This is it?  Just these little things?  That can't be right.  But it is right.  It is holy.

One Little Change for health?  Drink only water between meals.  If I sit down at the table to eat a meal, I can have a glass of tea.  But otherwise, water it is.  I like to drink water, especially with peppermint and lemon oil.  Maybe this won't be so bad.

One Little Change for finances?  We aren't shopping at Wal-Mart for the month of February.  Okay, that may seem huge, but we already do the majority of our grocery shopping elsewhere.  We've been making once or twice a month trips to Oklahoma City to a few grocery stores there where we get better deals, better produce, better quality, on not just our groceries, but on paper goods, too (things like toilet paper and diapers).  And Miss A drinks goats milk from a farm, so there's no formula to buy.  The point of this one?  We're trying to see how much money we save simply by staying out of that store!  Because every time we go in, we end up buying things that aren't on the list or aren't budgeted for this month. 

One Little Change for Life?  We're observing Sabbath on Sundays.  We're starting this process by not spending any money on Sundays.  There are personal reasons for this, but it's a direction we feel the Lord leading.

That's our Three Little Changes, for three areas of our lives.  Breaking it up into small steps makes anything do-able, right?  And in honor of this new approach, I'm adding a category:  One Little Change.  I'll be posting once per week (hopefully) so I can keep track for myself what changes I'm making and the progress.  I'd love to hear what One Little Change you're making in the comments!

Photobucket

No comments: