Tuesday, November 5

Give Thanks

Autumn always brings out an even stronger urge to nest in this Mama Bird. Maybe because I know we'll be stuck inside when Oklahoma turns bitter cold, but there's just something that makes me want to fluff our space and make it warm and inviting.

Yesterday I got the bug to make a few pennant banners. {On a completely unrelated note, I might need an intervention.} It's an overcast, misty day here, so my pics didn't come out great, but you get the idea, right? ;)
A simple scrapbook paper banner: 
"eucharisteo"


 
I made this one from old hymnal pages, cardstock and brown twine and aged the edges of each pennant with an ink pad. I love the details and this thing is huge! It's about 8-feet long (with the "tails") and each pennant measures 5"w by 7"h.  If you'd like to order one, email me at naturalnester {at} gmail {dot} com or send a private message, if you follow Natural Nester on Facebook! They sell for $15 and you can choose from the following colors for letters {red, dark brown, black, navy, tan}. If you aren't a local, let me know your address when you email and I'll let you know the shipping costs. Payment will be via Paypal (or cash/check if you're local.)

I didn't make this, I bought it at a local craft show from this amazing booth called "Okie Junkies." You can follow them on Facebook. I bought this great little wooden sign and a big letter 'C' made from old barn tin. I haven't decided where to hang this yet.


And finally, this isn't Nest Fluffing, but I just had to share this. I special ordered this necklace from a friend's daughter. Her Facebook page is Custom This, That and The Other. I absolutely LOVE it! I wanted something with some color, lots of details and that would be a constant reminder around my neck to give thanks. The long charm says "eucharisteo" and the small round one says "all is grace." (I had the cross and added that myself.) Perfect!




How are you reminding yourself to give thanks?


No comments: