Tuesday, November 9

20 Days of Gratitude: Day 4

Photobucket


From November 6 until Thanksgiving, I'll be posting everyday, talking about someone or something I'm grateful for. I invite you to participate along with me. If you have a blog and will be participating, send me the link and I'll link back here. If you don't have a blog and there is a blessing you want to talk about, email me and I'll post it along with my daily blessing. I can even post it anonymously, if you'd prefer. There's something very powerful about focusing on what's right in our lives, and I intend to live this way, walking on the path of gratitude.


Day Four:

PhotobucketWe don't always get an Autumn season, here in Oklahoma.  Sometimes Summer digs in her heels, holds on with white knuckles, and won't let go until Winter makes an appearance.  But this year has been different.  Summer packed up in a timely fashion, made her travel arrangements and cleared her room, leaving enough time for an extended visit from Autumn. 

This year Autumn has been the perfect house guest, bringing gifts of beautiful days filled with clear skies, pure sunshine spilling down through amber colored leaves.  The air has been crisp, bright, the kind you want to breathe in and never exhale.  There have been days so full of memories that you try to pack them all in, nice and neat in your mind, but they just jumble up and spill over to the floor.  This is Miss A's first Autumn and it couldn't be a better one...so many days hand-picked by God for walks around the block, sitting in the yard on a quilt, looking up at the tree's jewelry in shades of gold, bronze and ruby.  If there were ever a season to be grateful, this is it.
Photobucket

No comments: