Saturday, November 6

20 Days of Gratitude: Day 1

Photobucket

I love this time of the year.  The strong feelings it evokes in me are so moving and from now until after Christmas, I will feel my throat tighten and my eyes burn with tears at least twenty times.  It happens every year and it's not something I take for granted, this heart-softening.  But this year I want to be more intentional, more focused on the people, things in my life that I'm grateful for.  I wanted to start on November 1, but life got in the way, so I'm starting now. 

From November 6 until Thanksgiving, I'll be posting everyday (I promise!), talking about someone or something I'm grateful for.  I invite you to participate along with me. If you have a blog and will be participating, send me the link and I'll link back here.  If you don't have a blog and there is a blessing you want to talk about, email me and I'll post it along with my daily blessing.  I can even post it anonymously, if you'd prefer.  There's something very powerful about focusing on what's right in our lives, and I intend to live this way, walking on the path of gratitude.

PhotobucketDay One
I am so grateful for my parents.  This week has been a rough one.  I got a nasty virus, one that left a headache, body aches and fever behind when it stole my energy.  On top of that, Miss A was very congested and didn't feel like herself.  Since Sweet Hubby started this new job it's been very difficult for him to take off work, so my parents stepped in without a second thought.  When they weren't at work, they were at my house, driving us to the doctor, the pharmacy; making lunch, changing diapers, cleaning my kitchen.  I don't know what I would do without them. And it's not just the physical, taking-care-of-everyday-needs way they come to the rescue, but the pour-out-love-till-it-hurts rescue that means the most.  So, thank you.  I love you Mom and Dad.  Those words aren't nearly enough to show you how I feel, but I'll say them again and again and hope they mean something...I love you.

Photobucket

No comments: