Thursday, August 5

Master Bedroom Reveal

You've seen a few of the elements that went into our master bedroom, but now it's time for the full reveal!  But first, check out the ugly before.  Three puke-tan walls and one baby poop green wall...the combination was nausea inducing.  This room was gross on many levels (I'll spare you some of the details.)  The trim was the original dark stain and the black curtains were left by the previous owners.  Pretty bad, huh?


So, what did we do?  We painted the walls dark blue (Michael's choice...and I love it!).  The trim and doors got a few (okay 5!) coats of white paint (Crisp Linen from Lowe's).  The doorknobs and hinges got a coat of satin nickel spray paint.  And of course, we can't forget about those bedside tables

The headboard is old shutters painted the same shade of light blue and lightly distressed.  They were attached to the wall.  I made some plaques from scrap wood and paper to hang from knobs...they spell out the word love (though now they look way too small?)  

The window treatments will be changed as soon as I can because I'm not thrilled with them; they are just long pieces of black and white gingham fabric draped over black wooden brackets.  There are also white roman shades which help block some of the light during afternoon naps (ha!). 
Here is the chest of drawers I picked up for $10. I originally planned to paint it, but I kind of like the wood tone against the blue walls and the worn patina of it.  I will have to buy knobs to replace those that are broken or missing.

There are several things still left to do (hang artwork, replace lamps, etc.) but those are all things that can wait.  Right now I'm so happy to have a restful, relaxing room to enjoy.