Monday, March 7

Cleaning Recipe Book

This weekend, I made a little recipe book of my cleaning recipes.  This was also in preparation for the class I'm teaching on Tuesday and I hope the gals will find it a useful little tip.  I even have the file saved on my computer as .pdf so I can send it via email to those gals so they can create their own recipe book!

It was so simple...the most time-consuming part was formatting all the recipes into the Microsoft table.  Once everything was in and I knew it would fit, I printed it out on plain computer paper, cut it out and slid each page in the pockets of a 4x6 photo album. I printed the cover page and each section header page on scrapbook paper, to add a little color and fun. Why should cleaning be boring? The photo album was only $2 at Target (I heard you can get them for $1 at Wal-Mart though!)  And if you already have some lying around the house, even better!

The book has 6 sections: All Around the House (these are general, all-purpose recipes), Kitchen, Bathrooms, Bedrooms, Laundry and Alphabetic Tips.  The tips section has things that don't necessarily fit in the other categories or aren't recipes. It's actually a table with 2 columns; the left column lists Traditional Methods/Storebought Products and the right column is the natural alternative for those.  For instance, one of the items is "Adhesive Remover" (think Goo-Gone.)  Instead of that, you can use either a bit of cooking oil or orange essential oil (launder clothing immediately if you use the essential oil.)  Now if I have an issue, I can go immediately to this section and see if I have a solution already listed.

And when I need to mix up another cleaner, my recipes are right at my fingertips and I don't have to worry about splashing vinegar or whatever on them.  If I do, it'll just wipe off the plastic...easy peasy!  BTW, I have a great idea for using these cheap little photo albums to organize my cooking recipes/menu plans for lunch and dinner, too!  I'm working on that now and will hopefully be able to show you later in the week.

If you want more info on green cleaning, check out my posts here and here.

I'm linking up!

craft

Photobucket

No comments: